The Cabinet approval granted relief measures are as follows:
· The payment of salaries and allowances currently paid to the Tri-Forces/ Police members who have been discharged following disability owing to terrorist acts, to their dependents at the time of death of the war veteran.
· Relief measures will be granted to the members of the Armed Forces and Police who were disabled and to the dependents of deceased veterans when the incident is attributed to operational activities under the category of non-terrorist nature whilst on duty, following an investigation by a committee.
· Relief measures will be granted to the Armed Forces and Police personnel who were disabled and deceased as a result of post-war activities (such as demining) following an investigation by a committee.
· Entitlement of salary and allowances to the dependents of the Tri-Forces and Police war veterans who have received disable discharge due to terrorist acts, if the member dies before reaching the age of 55, considering that they live until age of 55.
· Entitlement of salary and allowances to the dependents up to 55 years of age of a member who commits suicide as a result of a mental disorder caused due to a disability following a terrorist activity, assuming that they are alive.